Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The obligatory update and credit counciling

If you assumed that everything going on in my world right now was posted on my blog you would think I'd spent the last two weeks taking pictures of facial hair and watching basketball.

That would not be entirely true.

In truth I'd planned to spend a lot of time this Spring Break praying about what I was going to do next year. I didn't as much as I wanted to, or rather I don't think I heard any answers. Yeah yeah yeah, you've heard it all from me before.

So the prayer request: for you to pray that I pray; and that I keep praying until I hear something concrete. Last year it all came into focus in May and I stayed. That turn of events probably happened in thirty minutes. I stopped teaching AP classes in exchange for more sanity. It was a good choice. So cheers to listening and hearing that voice again this year.

In other news my economics class is currently working on budgets. I have to spend four weeks or so on personal finance, so I'll be doing the whole "Miss isn't a total hypocrite and she's actually going to work on these things again... " This time start from scratch. Or you know, as much from scratch as you possibly can. I also thought I'd budget my time (heh, yeah right... remember 9th grade strategies, counting our hours up with Cheerios?)...

So for those of you who might like to play my little game I'm following a lesson stolen from the Visa corporation. What are your goals?

What are your educational goals (this could be anything from tuition to reading to leisure learning)?
What are your occupational goals? (cause you got to get there somehow)
What are your lifestyle goals?
What are your social goals? (cause yeah, that's important too)
What are your financial goals? (Neal was going to be a millionaire by the age of 30 so he could spend it before he couldn't enjoy it anymore... wonder if he made it)
What are your health/fitness goals? (other than the classic "lose ten pounds" and don't have zits)
What are your recreational goals?
Other things that are important to you?

The little worksheet I have asks for six in each category (though that just seems like a nice round way to figure it all out), though you can be as specific as you want to be. Or not. So I'll be praying though that (and the job thing and all those miscellaneous things).

It might seem a little high schoolish, because it is... but were you really paying attention in high school? Do you still have your Cheerios time budget on your wall? You do? I hate to say it, but that's just gross.

2 comments:

Assistant Village Idiot said...

A spamming Christian wanker. How nice.

I have not answered most of the questions you are asking yourself. I've had a great life.

Kate said...

I thought the Crazy Professor's thoughts were special too.

I don't really want the answers to all those questions, I just want to have a better idea what I'm doing next year so I know if I should sign a contract or not.

The rest of the questions I stole from Visa's curriculum on budgeting. It is sort of strange that Visa has a curriculum on budgeting. Do heroin dealers give maps to the methadone clinic?