Sunday, January 07, 2007

Cupcakes Quiz

Santa gave me a cake pedestal for Christmas, a beautiful glass one. There isn't enough room in the closets to put it away so it must constantly be stocked. Cake pedestals without confections look stupid.

Thus far:

Eggnog cupcakes
Margarita cupcakes
Dreamsicle cupcakes
and Tiramisu cupcakes

Which of these things is not like the other one?


Answer:
Dreamsicle. This is the only cupcake not to have liquor in the cake or the frosting.

Eggnog - whisky & rum
Margarita - tequila
Tiramisu - kalua

An expected effect:
We should have a fully stocked liquor shelf by summer; not just fifteen kinds of bourbon.

A should-have-been-anticipated effect:
Can't take these to Model UN to serve to my Muslim kids.

An unanticipated effect:
My cupcakes were molested sometime in the night by someone trying to replace the lid on the stand.

A totally unanticipated effect:
The girl that hangs around my brother is no longer afraid of me (I'm scary, did you know that?). Sam wrote down his cupcake requests and she looked up the page numbers.

1 comment: