Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Reason number twelve why my health insurance should include massages...

August 7th was my first day back at work. That means today was my second day back at work. It feels like Thursday and I've brought that large bottle of Advil back out onto my bathroom counter. Last night I had one of those tension headaches and tonight my back is tied up in knots. This might be my rationale and motivation for becoming independently wealthy. It has taken me forty hours to make the connection that these might be related circumstances. Now maybe it is the asbestos in the building and my life will be righted when I shift out to the temporaries. In those forty hours I've attended eleven hours of meetings. Some of it was valuable, some of it would be valuable if I hadn't been at the school for three years previously, but easily five hours of it was centered around propaganda which will likely be dropped in a matter of months. I know this because I've been there for three years. Given this is a public forum and most people (I found out today) think that I am a tad sarcastic I shiver to think what might be percieved. I had a chance to leave and I didn't take it for well thought out reasons, mostly having to do with some sort of cracked out sense of social justice, a promise of an easier life, and that whole force of habit. So I'm not going to complain. Much.

No comments: