Saturday, August 19, 2006

Fraud

A couple of weeks ago I got a message from my bank. I called them back within the hour. It seems someone was swiping my credit card at a mall in Jersey. They identified it as fraud and called me within a few hours.

So I had to wonder, what in the world triggered it as fraud? I got my answer when I got the affidavit yesterday.

That I would spend $1000 on clothes in a single day...
That I would walk into an Abercrombie and Finch for more than just to look at the pictures..
That I could possibly spend $300 at a Victoria's Secret (that's a lot of pushing up and tucking in)
That I would have gotten off the turnpike in New Jersey...

Whatever profiling my bank has done on me seems to be accurate. Creepy isn't it? Just imagine what they would get if they tapped my phone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You misspelled Fitch. Clothes snobs everything will chastise you. Also, thanks for helping me come up with the word, 'chastise.' Much better than deride or belittle.
-Sam

Amy said...

What makes you think they haven't tapped your phone? It is the bank and we all know money = power. Former mayor Lee Brown wanted to make young children think "Knowledge was Power" with is Power Library cards...This is simply not true. Money is power. So, your phone could be tapped.