Friday, August 04, 2006

But how do I get my leather pants?

August 4-6th is tax-free weekend in Texas. That's right, no sales tax. Well no sales tax on clothes priced under $100. The school supplies, football pants, and personal flotation devices that I was in the market for are not tax-free. One thing that bonds all Americans across race, ethnicity, gender and time: we hate taxes.

This event brings me to a fundamental problem. I need leather pants before school starts. I'll note leather pants are not against the dress code, they just don't want to see my thong. The only place I can find leather pants under $100 is at Wally World. The problem is two-fold, I hate Walmart's leather pants (they chaffe) and I don't like crowds. I also don't like Walmart.

I also fear the repercussions of wearing my new pants to my PETA meeting after school. I don't want my tires slashed.

What do I do, what doooo I do?

No comments: