Saturday, April 28, 2007

Sam is throwing me a surprise party!!!!

Don't tell him I know, it would break his heart.

On Thursday I got an e-mail from Sam (while he was doing defensive driving I'm sure):

Kate,
If you're available, how about we clean the apartment before folks start
coming over on Saturday?
Sam

This has happened before, on November 12, 2005. Don't get me wrong, we've cleaned more often. Usually we play our favorite game "guess what's in the fridge" as a part of the occasion. This time we know what is in the fridge:

Two pounds of guacamole
Five pounds of shredded cheese
Half a gallon of salsa
Several bags of chips
And a box of 25 links or so of boudain

So why November 12, 2005?
On that morning Sam said "hey, how about we take an hour and speed clean the apartment..." We did. Top to bottom. Garbage went out, the bathroom was spotless, we dusted and vacuumed. It was the cleanest it had been since Janelle lived here.

About 6:00 my friend Andy walked in the door and sat on the couch. This was odd. I couldn't remember inviting him. I asked Sam in the next room, "are you guys hangin' out or something?" He said "yeah, he called and wanted to just chill." Andy had said something about that before... so I took it and went to my room.

Then Brenda came. Then I noticed they were all carrying sheets. That was strange. Then Kevin and Sara... then... then... then... huh.

At some point I caught on, but couldn't explain the sheets. KKK Rally? That's not like us either.
David and Ben were (of course) last. They came wearing the sheets. Togas.

Sam pulled a very frozen lasagna out of the back of the freezer where it had been hiding and started to bake it...

So there we had it, my first surprise party ever... a Roman Ruins Mystery Dinner.

So we are cleaning the apartment for a gathering before the "crawfish festival" given that it isn't my birthday I will be very surprised... or should be, if I hadn't already caught on.

Don't tell Sam I know. It would break his heart.


1 comment:

Assistant Village Idiot said...

The Romans didn't eat lasagna.