Monday, April 09, 2007

Sam doesn't have a blog, so I'll share this one

Saturday night we went to the Astros game. We won, thanks to not having to utilize any relief pitchers because Oswalt shut the game down in 94 pitches. We were out of there by 8:30.

While interesting, that isn't the story.

I'd bought the tickets, so Sam went on the mission to obtain dinner. Hot dogs and coke were the order, mine dressed with relish and ketchup.

Sam returned after half an inning (they were short, what can I say) with a story. Apparently while I'd been watching Roy throw heat and sliders Sam had discovered just how inadequate the work force might be.

Sam purchased the hot dogs and went to the stand to dress them. He pulled back the foil wrapper from its carton to discover a hot dog. A hot dog, without a bun. I've studied the Taylor system and the efficiency of assembly lines, but what happened? The bun guy went on break?

No comments: