Saturday, July 14, 2007

Disappointing

I got my bacteria in the mail yesterday. I was kind of hoping the outside of the box would be stamped all over with the words "Live Bacteria." It was disappointedly absent of such markings.

Yesterday I spent almost the whole afternoon working on a paper, er... a bibliography of recommended titles. None of them were to be over five years old. I think my course notes were written over five years ago so all of the tools I was supposed to use were from 2001 (or before). Which means I couldn't use the tools they told me to use unless I could find a later edition. When there was a later edition it wasn't available through the libraries I can go to. Which means I couldn't use the materials that I was supposed to. Except for the ones I could get free trials for, which have a three business day waiting period while they find out if I'm leggit or not. Which means I learned a whole lot about ways you can be set up for failure before you even begin.

No comments: