Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The problem with idioms

Will I ever learn?

My seniors did a budget project where one of their goals was to create a "rainy day fund." They had to figure out how to save 2 months of their income in the next year for an emergency fund (also stated on the instructions).

Apparently they aren't all familiar with the term:

"If I have to evacuate for a natural disaster, I'll have money to support myself."

"I really don't need to buy anything for watery or rainy days."

"For certain period of the year I would save money for the natural diaster in case there are any parts of it I need to face. I will need some items that will from the nature and I would have to figure out how many I will need and that type items I need as cushions. I would have to know how much that's going to cost me in total. Im reallu not aware of this situation right now so I would most likely to save $5 a day to buy the right products I need for the wet atmosphere."

1 comment:

Ben Wyman said...

wait, so that's what that means?