Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Things to get you through the day...

I was thinking about why I valued Trivia night and NOOMA videos so much. Oh yes, because I can think about them between 8:35 and 9:50 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Since I'm now a student again and paying tuition, it is highly probable that I might actually itemize my deductions this year and actually be able to take more than the standard deduction.
There is a deduction teachers can take of $250 on their income taxes for things like classroom supplies and things that are needed for the classroom. For expenses beyond that we must submit reciepts. I feel that I have work related expenditures that exceed $250 and I'm considering claiming the following things on my taxes, arguing that I do actually need them to do my job.

Happy hour on Friday
Trivia Night drinks
NetFlix subscription
A winter coat
Once a month massage
4 lbs of coffee per month
New soles on three pair of shoes

For those lawyers and accountants out there reading, please advise.

1 comment:

Assistant Village Idiot said...

If there's another teacher at Happy Hour - somewhere - I think you can work that under Peer Supervision.