Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Perpetuating Stereotypes

For some reason today the princiPAL decided to bring donuts. We're all giving a standardized test this week, and the gesture was more than appreciated.

I went to fill up my coffee cup (I'm really not the coffee fiend that I sound like in these blogs, I'm really not) while I was giving the test. Karen was waiting in the hall to tell me she had ALREADY finished the crossword puzzle (at 9AM), she informed me I probably didn't know songs from the 1940s, and I probably wouldn't finish. Isn't that nice.

Anyhow, while I was getting my coffee I ran int thre cops standing in the workroom next to the coffee and the donuts. Huh.

I'm told cops have the donut reputation because Shipley's is the only place open for coffee at 2AM. Well, there and IHOP. But it was 9AM and the cops were still guarding the donuts.

No comments: