Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The best part about...

The best part about the end of the semester is the fact that the students who are going to fail have realized it. There is no point in coming to class at this point. They seem to be skipping enmasse, and they seem to think it ok to tell me that they plan to skip several days in advance.

On the other side of the equation my classes are small and hasve that "I give a shit" advantage that the others don't seem to have.

Maybe I'll make buttons.

The most recent development in the skipping saga: I have Erick 2nd period. He was there. I have his test. I also have him 3rd period, he wasn't there. 4th period he came to my class to ask for scissors. Apparently during 3rd period he went to go buy a new memory chip for his cell phone. After looking at his grades and seeing that he has a 32 he's decided to write that up as a Confederate cause... that's right folks, a 32. At least it is better than the kid that comes every day and still has a 12.7.

2 comments:

bs king said...

You should do more multiple choice. Make them answer "C" to everything if they don't know it. That should raise your average. Better yet, true/false.

Unknown said...

Hmmm... true/false was tempting, but since they don't read very well little words like "not" can throw them off. I've actually given tests where half of the students got below a 50%. Monkeys with pencils folks, monkeys with pencils.

I'm not getting the Complete Works of Shakespeare anytime soon.