Sunday, October 29, 2006

NaNoWriMo II

Today is October 29th. NaNoWriMo starts on Wednesday.
I've decided to change the rules for myself a little, and given it is a self imposed discipline I get to change the rules.

NaNoWriMo will be NaNoWri2Mo. I already know I won't have time in November to write much. There is too much going on. Too much I say.

I've got grad school (Which interestingly enough this project hasn't turned out to be as time consuming as I thought. I wasn't able to start my project that is due Monday until Friday night (my hockey game was cancelled), my friend in the class called me in a panic that she hadbeen working with all her co-workers on it for the last two weeks and it still didn't make sense to her... I had two days and no library friends... but I'm almost done... unless I missed something REALLY big, which is possible considering the notes are all over the place).

I've got classes to teach (and simulations to write) including the famed stock market game which involves WAY too much math for a poor history teacher to do without access to a class set of calculators. "What do you mean times and add, Miss?"

I've got Model UN which is back after a long hiatus (for Ramadan believe it or not) and senior high Sunday School. Thanksgiving when everyone is coming to town (including Granddaddy for a whole week)...

Renaissance Festival, school plays, new ministers (yeah that actually will make me busier for awhile). U.S. History teacher meetings.

So while November isn't as busy as October, don't expect a novel to be written too. I get December too...

No comments: