Wednesday, December 19, 2007

If my dad has your e-mail you already know this...

So my dad sent out an e-mail this morning.  He's proud of me which is good.  But the e-mail included his whole family, his friends at church, and half of his business partners.  So anyway... it has been an eventful week. 
Monday the 10th I turned in my last final.  Tuesday was Jeremy's birthday.  The trivia team didn't do as well as hoped, but we did spend out $40 in gift certificates.  Wednesday was uneventuful but I downloaded Photoshop Elements, a new toy to play with. Thursday I almost finished my Christmas shopping. Friday I baked lemon cookies and saw I am Legend which is much better than Will Smith just talking to himself.  Saturday I Saturday I had British food and listened to Appalachian music.  Sunday I found a child under the Christmas tree at the front of the church and made a whole bunch of stars and angels.  Monday I proposed a project to a dental lab and got a job at Rice University.  Tuesday I got my grades and went to the museum then I kinda got elected for a three year term.  I made glazed pecans and went to trivia.  Wednesday I repeated a 30+ year tradition and continued to finish my Christmas shopping.  I also met Asher, the cutest kid with porcupine hair I've seen. I also made gravy. 

So anyway... I'm done with school I have a job and I won't start for three weeks.  I'm going to be a patent manager at Rice University, at least for awhile.  Can't tell yet what the job will really look like to explain it but I'll learn a lot.  Which was really the goal of this whole librarian thing to start with. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kate!