Saturday, January 05, 2008

Gum

I usually have a couple different kinds of gum in my purse.  The favorites are Raspberry Mint and Sweet Mint, both Orbit sorts.  I like Orbitz because they kinda hook the gum into the package, not making it impossible to get out but it isn't likely that the gum will stray too far either.  I think their ads are a little annoying, so in light of the fact I've recently swayed half a dozen or so of my friends to Raspberry Mint I think they owe me a cut of that budget.  I'll write the V.P. for marketing tomorrow.

I try all their new kinds, hoping for a new exotic flavor.  Mint Mojito is different, not good or bad but it won't replace the raspberry.  Citrus Mint is fun, if you like dreamcicles.  Lemon Lime should be avoided.  I've got a new package though... Maui Melon Mint.  Haven't tried it yet, but... when I was in Hungary I bought Melon Orbit gum thinking the flavor might have failed in the U.S. before I ever saw it.  Guess not.  Budapest is apparently cutting edge in the gum market. 

Mary will be excited too. 

Oh... and Alissa... if you still read this... are you a little disappointed that "Wait Wait" has had the Linda Ronstadt episode on three times now?  Is that because of the writer's strike too?  Cause that sucks.  It's like watching Jeopardy over and over again. 

2 comments:

Alissa said...

i think there's syndication issues or something. whenever i go to my parents house i wind up hearing an episode that already aired on WBUR and then when i go on itunes there's yet a different one for that week.

i've been sporadic in my listening of late, and bethany likes to hide her laptop from me so i haven't been able to catch up on itunes in a while. sad.

i'm still trying to get on to play the listener limerick challenge though. wish me luck!

Anonymous said...

Raspberry Mint?! Houston must be cutting edge on the gum market too because as an avid Orbitz chewer I would have totally bought that. I do find that although their gum stays in the package well the package tends to come apart easily. Maybe we should patent something. Like a silver engraved Orbitz gum holder. People could get them as gifts when they haven't had a cigarette in a year.