Friday, December 07, 2007

Under new management

In the continuing saga of my apartment office (packages misplaced, rent checks misplaced, delayed work orders for holes in my shower, etc.):

We have a new management company here.  This was only made news to me by the maintenance guy that eventually came to fix my shower.  He used to be my neighbor.  His name is Carlos, he won't have a job in two weeks.  Oh, and the signs that went up saying the office would be closed the entire weekend because of the new management, and we should put our rent checks in the drop box.  Which I won't do, because they will lose them. 

Anyway.  I went to get two packages yesterday.  I had two slips.  They brought out one.  I told them I had two.  I said it nicely.  The new lady (I know it is stressful the first week on the job) put her hands on her hips and told me it wasn't there.  That the postman had put it in twice cause I hadn't picked it up.  Pray tell a) when was I supposed to pick it up when you are only there 9-5 and the rest of the world is working and b) when did anyone here get that organized.  I told them I had a receipt of a package that was not the Amazon package they were giving me.  They went back and found my 16"x16"x16" box clearly marked with the number 57 all over it.  She took her hands off her hips.  I told them Thank you and that I knew it was a poorly organized system back there and left. 

So I know we are under new management.  I know I've now lived here far longer than anyone in the old office or in the new office.  I also know they didn't introduce themselves when I came in.  Or inform me what the name of the new company was in any way.  I'm also pretty sure rent is going up when my lease runs out.  In other news, I might be moving in March.

Why you care: For all of you planning on mailing me packages this holiday season I won't get it (especially not UPS, cause those guys don't even bother to leave one of those post-it notes, or actually knock on my door) unless I know it is coming.  Then I can go down with a receipt... and argue. 

Happy holidays.

1 comment:

Ben Wyman said...

This is why I have all my packages sent to work. That might be considered a faux pas at your job, though.