Thursday, September 14, 2006

R.I.P. Ann Richards

In honor of the original "Tough Texas Grandma"

“How to Be a Good Republican: 1. You have to believe that the nation's current 8-year prosperity was due to the work of Ronald Reagan and George Bush, but yesterday's gasoline prices are all Clinton's fault. 2. You have to believe that those privileged from birth achieve success all on their own. 3. You have to be against all government programs, but expect Social Security checks on time.”

“I believe in recovery, and I believe that as a role model I have the responsibility to let young people know that you can make a mistake and come back from it.”


"I am delighted to be here with you this evening because after listening to George Bush all these
years, I figured you needed to know what a real Texas accent sounds like."


“Teaching was the hardest work I had ever done, and it remains the hardest work I have done to date.”

“Poor George [Bush], he can't help it. He was born with a silver foot in his mouth.”

No comments: