Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Move-in Hairstylist

Every three months or so I get my haircut. I like Lisa. She has a few legs up over every other person that has ever cut my hair:

1) She speaks fluent English.
2) She listens to talk radio.
3) She reads books (in English).
4) I've known her for, well since 1993.
5) She doesn't ask me if my boyfriend is cute.

Now I like Lisa becuase she knows I don't like big hair. I'm an atypical Texas girl I guess, so she blow dries it and straightens it. Once every twelve weeks. I generally get compliments (though it makes me look less like Mary Louise Parker or Alicia Hammon (whoever that is) so I might keep it.

Problem: I'm not ambidextrious enough to brush my hair, much less blow dry it, and much less straighten it in any uniform way.

Solution: Sam can do it, as repayment for that loan I give him every month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A) I pay off the loan every month. If you want me to write you a blank check at the first of the month, just say it.
B) I'm not well versed in brushing my hair. The only times I do it is job interviews, weddings (only of relatives), and funerals. If you really want my expertise, I can give you lessons in calming down cowlicks and not caring what your hair looks like. You have to buy the lessons in blocks of six. Each lesson is $50, and you must buy the required textbooks for an additional $80. The textbook will be written and distributed once the first check clears.

Unknown said...

Don't worry about the check, it is the only thing I ever have to harass you about... and since it is kinda a hobby of mine.

I'm not interested in your expertise, so I'll shoot for just free hands. That should be cheaper since you don't have the skills.