Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone and once again nine days of not working a) make me think that I need a vocational change and b) make me glad I have nine days of not working.

It was a good break and I'm headed into Monday with a monstrous project draft due, no good lesson plan for government class (I'm feeling so uninspired) this whole week... which is ok because someone seemed to think it was a good idea to take all the seniors out on field trips all week long. I did do a bunch of stuff though - I hung out with the surrogate family and the blood family and didn't go to the Renaissance Festival. I bought toilet paper, made cookie dough, played trivia games for 10 hours, tried to write up Christmas shopping lists, held a game night, and spent a lot of time in prayer.

I need a job that doesn't require me to spend my free time thinking about it, cause I've got other stuff I should be doing too... stuff that shouldn't have to wait until my next long vacation. Which, by the way, is in three weeks.

No comments: