Monday, November 27, 2006

Blind Dates

So my seventeen year old friend Vince decided it would be nice to set me up with his Latin teacher. "Kate Kepler, it just rolls of your tongue." So he arranged it and I got the phone call tonight.

"Hello, Kate."
"Yes."
"My name is JK and I have a student who I think you know, Vincent. He gave me a list of things to ask you..."
Does it sound like a scavenger hunt yet?
"Vincent's clever isn't he."
"Well he's not doing too well in my class right now, I'm not sure if this is an attempt to endear himself to me or not."

That was a real winner of a line... but he can hold a conversation on the phone, which makes him better than the deaf guy someone set me up with. Not that I have anything against the deaf. We just don't have much to talk about.

As for Vince's grade, I think his parents give him money for anything over a C. I think I should get a cut.

2 comments:

bs king said...

Hmm...he sounds a bit like you already. Anyway, this all reminded me of a friend of mine from high school who got asked out by a deaf guy...via telephone. That service where they type and somebody else talks for you. So she had to reject a middle aged woman. It was really weird for her.

Greg Sauer said...

Wouldn't happen to be acquainted with this 17-year old friend, would I?