Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Limited English Proficient

Every now and then one of my bilingual kids says something really funny. Today was perhaps the oddest.

"Miss, last night I dreamt with you."
"Dreamt with me, Angel?"
'Yeah I dreamt with you."
I smiled and nodded. "I don't think so, Angel."
"I did, I dreamt you killed someone."
"You dreamt of me, you didn't dream with me."
"No I... Oh yeah." Blushes.

So I figure I can be the County Clerk or something. Can't be that hard. Even Rhodes said he'd vote if I ran. Or at least say he voted to make me feel better.

I think I'm going to be $20 richer by the end of the night.
:-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I question the ethics of betting $20 on something as important as a governor's race. Elections shape our society in intangible ways that should be separate from petty gambling. I left the money on your desk. Damn corrupt two party system.
-Sam