Thursday, August 16, 2007

Erin

For those of you who are not in Houston I would like to provide you with the following image.



This is what you call "the dirty side of the storm." All reports on a radio would indicate that the storm was hitting Corpus and South Padre. While technically true it would leave out for the fact that this is my errand day.

Today I... went to the bank (actually three banks, after making phone calls to indicate they would indeed have a notary available... apparently there is a conspiracy to not give bank notaries their stamps in a timely manner and all the other managers are new), I went to the post office where I mailed said notarized package and where they did not have the stamps I wanted (this will be delayed). I also went to pick up a package and sign my lease because the rain had let up. By the time I actually got to sign the lease, however, the rain was coming down in torrents and the puddles in the parking lot were turning from lakes to seas.

At two I have to be at the museum, site of all the flooding in 2001. Joy of joys. Oh, and then to the Dikeman's and to the Gordon's. I've been stranded at all of those before.

I'm pretty sick of the rain, pretty sick of the lakes turning into seas and the rivers turning to straits. But it didn't rain when we were camping. So I don't feel totally smited.

No comments: