Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Endless summer...

I have three (hopefully two) days left on my classes. I took three this summer (actually 12, but that's another story) all in the name of an easier fall. I think my lowest grade is going to come from what I'm calling the "bull shit class" which I knew would be "easy" but well, didn't think would be total bull shit. Seems they care if a colon comes after my name or not... or at least I think thats what they care about cause I never get back any feedback than a number. Bleh. So thats almost over... Whatever. Blogs are meant to bring delight so I'll spare you from the bitching.

Folks at church keep asking when school starts. I'm not really sure what they are asking, since memories (if they had them) are short. Their questions rarely match what is actually going on in my life. This school starting thing is a complicated subject. Texas, in its infinite wisdom, voted to push back the start of school till the last week of summer. Something about saving money on the air conditioning. Actually I'm pretty sure they had this vote when I was in high school. So the vote was actually not to have as many waivers for school districts wanting that early start.

Doesn't matter, they will have turned on everything in HISD two weeks before... thats when the teachers have to report to not miss a paycheck. Other teachers are going back the week after (and not missing a paycheck, funny how that works). I'm going back labor day weekend... but that isn't the question they are asking.

I would also like to introduce you to the concept of niche marketing.

In other news I got the wedding invitation for Granddad's wedding. Kate spells Catherine the way I spell Katharine. The wright way. Yuck yuck yuck.

Oh... if I asked you what did James Wright invent as a substitute for rubber during World War II would you know it?

Or what state do you have to visit to see the Grand Canyon?

Or what actor married his long time girlfriend Anne Stringfield on July 22nd?

What was Wendy in Peter Pan's last name?

Shakespeare: What was Juliet's family name?

What is the GDP per capita of Mexico?

Who was the first European to lead an over land expedition to the Pacific?

Music/FEMA: which city is too close to New Orleans?

What year did Henry of Navarre become Henry IV of France?

Who was drafted by the Trail Blazers in 1974, played for the Clippers and finished with the Celtics?

Who had his mural removed in New York over a controversy that it had a portrait of Lenin?

And finally... If Indiana is the 19th state, and California is the 31st. Name seven states that fell in between.

1 comment:

Assistant Village Idiot said...

I concede. I could get some of those, and made a pretty close guess at others (year, if you really meant IV, GDP), but didn't get them all.