Friday, September 07, 2007

On traveling...

I've got two trips planned in the next month.

The first is to Florida. All I really have to do now is pack my bags and head out for the weekend. All the cousins, aunts, and uncles (sans David :-() are gathering for the big wedding. Most of us haven't met this lady Granddaddy is betrothed to, but I'm sure she's swell. I don't have to plan for this trip. Pack. Get on plane. Get picked up. Go to Perkins sit and wait for people to show up to talk to. Go to wedding. Go to reception. Go to Olive Garden, sit and wait for people to talk to. Fly home. In the middle of all that though I'll be writing my thesis in a week (ok, not a thesis, just the equivalent for my program). I'll edit on the plane. Guess I should see if the hotel has Internet access. I'm guessing no, not the kind of thing Phillips worry about.

The other trip is to Budapest. One month to go (and lots to do before that). I've got a list, a travel guide, and a phrase book (full of useful phrases). Ten days and nothing really planned. Woooohhhhooooo... oh except I have to find and Internet Cafe or something to take my midterm. Bleh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Internet cafes are pretty easy to find in Europe, but if you're taking a midterm, it may get pricy. Also, if essay questions are involved, you may want to bring your own English keyboard.
-Sam

Ben Wyman said...

In Budapest they shouldn't be that bad, though. Hunt around a bit if you can for a cheap one.

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Gee school is always getting in the way of fun. Also have a blast in Budapest!