Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Astros 8, Reds 5

Some of you might know that I'm a bit of an Astros fan. Just a bit. The boys haven't been doing very well this year and sometimes they are just downright sloppy.

Like tonight when they threw the ball out of play on an "easy" throw to third. "My bad, Huff, I thought your middle name was Stretch."

So while usually I just get the scores at the end, tonight I went to a game. Another one. The company was good, the crowd was fun but it didn't change the fact that we were down by four in the middle of the fifth. Up next: Ausmus, Ham Sandwich, and Pettitte. Greg turned to me and said, what do you think? Three up, three down? I know the situation well, yup.

So in the bottom of the fifth the boys score six runs. Berkman hits another home run in the seventh.

With a three run lead I know this is Astros ball, nothing is certain. Then the fool Mr. Gardner put Lidge in for the save he hit a batter and threw a wild pitch. Then he took him out and put in Miller he did fine, but we had to change things up again and put in Wheeler. We went through six pitchers before we finally finished the game.

I'm going to get a manicure tomorrow.

No comments: